You can play with it by clicking on the picture:
Its a very simple update from what I've been working with, but I spent most of the day fighting DNS, FTP, Visual Studio and my own stupidity ;-( However it now shows/does a number of things:
- parallel downloading of tiles (still not predictively, but since you can see only new malden that's not going to hurt!). Tiles fade in for effect
- fixed colour coding for tiles (red, green, blue and magenta for TR, TL, BL, BR tiles) and then colours the tiles according to size (small to large - orange, cyan, purple, brown and dark gray for everything else). This allows you to see how a tile is a mixture of data from different levels.
- I extended the drawing to shade areas as its easier to work with the map (the non-shaded version was easy to get lost in)
- drag and move: you can drag the map around
- zoom: mouse wheel - you can zoom the map in and out
- rotate: mouse wheen+ctrl - you can rotate the map (this is too slow at the moment I need to look at why, also there is some odd clipping going on if you turn clockwise)
Its all debug code, and we probably won't ever show tiles at this size and detail (i.e there's too much detail at this level of zoom). However there is certainly work to be done on improving the general speed of drawing...